It’s raining, it’s pouring, the doggy day is … boring? Well, no more! Here are 20+ fun indoor activities to do with your dog on a rainy day for the month of April showers!
20+ Fun Indoor Activities To Do With Your Dog On A Rainy Day
- Have a pawsome dance party with your furry friend! Put on some music and let your pup join in on the fun by shaking their tail and wiggling their whole body.
- Set up an obstacle course in your living room and see if your dog can navigate through it. You can use chairs, pillows, and other household objects to create the course.
- Play a game of fetch inside. You can throw a soft toy or ball for your dog to retrieve and bring back to you.
- Create a homemade agility course for your dog to run through. Use items like hula hoops, cones, and tunnels to create the course.
- Have a puppy spa day and give your dog a relaxing massage and/or bath.
- Play a game of hide and seek with your dog. Hide a treat or toy and let your dog use their sense of smell to find it.
- Have a puppy play date with a friend’s dog. Invite a neighbor or friend over with their dog and let the pups play and socialize.
- Set up a treasure hunt for your dog. Hide treats or toys around the house and let your dog use their sense of smell to find them.
- Play a game of musical chairs with your dog. Set up chairs in a circle and play music. When the music stops, everyone has to find a chair to sit in – including your pup!
- Have a doggy dress up party. Dig out old hats, scarves, and other dress-up clothes and let your dog strut their stuff.
- Play a game of follow the leader. You can be the leader and have your dog follow you around the house as you do different actions.
- Set up a DIY doggy photo booth and take some silly pictures with your furry friend.
- Play a game of red light, green light with your dog. When you say red light, your dog has to stop and stay in place. When you say green light, your dog can move again.
- Have a puppy talent show. Let your dog show off their tricks and talents – whether it’s shaking hands, rolling over, or singing along to their favorite songs.
- Play a game of Simon says with your dog. You can give commands like sit, stay, and come and see if your dog follows your lead.
- Set up a DIY doggy movie theater and watch a movie with your furry friend. You can bring out some popcorn and snuggly blankets to make it extra cozy.
- Have a puppy picnic in your living room. Set out a blanket and have a mini picnic with your dog – complete with doggy-friendly treats and snacks.
- Play a game of tug of war with your dog using a soft toy or rope. Just make sure to play safely and let your dog win sometimes too!
- Bake some doggy treats! You can find plenty of them on this site or other sites for doggies.
- Take a nap with your pup.
- Camp out in the living room with a tent and flashlight … bonus points if you tell spooky stories to your pup!
- Teach an old dog new tricks! Keep your puppy’s mind active by reading up on a new dog trick to teach him. How about trying out one of these tricks?
- Read out loud to your dog. Many cuddles required.
Any more ideas for fun indoor activities to do with your dog on a rainy day? Dare I ask if you might be looking forward to the next rainy day? Also, check out more things to do with your dog. Let me know in the comments!